Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hella Lights, blown fuse or bad swtich?

Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hella Lights, blown fuse or bad swtich?

Ok, so I moved my Hellas from windshield to bumper and they are not coming on. I had to lengthen the ground wires from the lights so that could be an issue but I doubt it. The grounds are good, the switch would illuminate at one time but won't now. Any thoughts? how do you tell if the fuse is bad? or if the swith is bad?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pull the fuse out and look at it. "Closely". You should be able to see the little wire go from one side to the other. You will need a meter for the rest.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi

thanks i checked that on the way home and it appears the fuse to the switch poer line is blown. Going to try that and see what happens.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi

Replaced the fuse, now the switch works but still no lights. Going to recheck teh grounds and then test teh relay. Running out of otpions..
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Replaced the fuse, now the switch works but still no lights. Going to recheck teh grounds and then test teh relay. Running out of otpions..
Na. It's not realy that bad. Just take your time and work your way through it.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi

Appreciate it. How much snow you ahve out there? Just moved from bentonville to Charleston in May. Loved it out there
Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Jedi

OK, tested the harness by using some scrap wire to touch the red and black together and they worked, so diagnosis: bad relay. Now I know what I need. Thanks for the assistance and the great help by Casey Callaway at Hella
Old 02-04-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
OK, tested the harness by using some scrap wire to touch the red and black together and they worked, so diagnosis: bad relay. Now I know what I need. Thanks for the assistance and the great help by Casey Callaway at Hella
Glad you resolved your issue. We have had quite a bit of snow. But it's been scattered. North some times. South sometines. Then central sometimes. Calling for snow south and central today.

Quick Reply: Hella Lights, blown fuse or bad swtich?