Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hella headlights installed, no right to left adjustment?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hella headlights installed, no right to left adjustment?

Installed the Hella H4 headlights (w/dayglo cuz I'm old school )

I have an up/down adjustment w/15 torx but it seems the slope to light up the side of the road starts too soon and theres *NO* left/right adjustment on the 2012 JKU???

Got the h13 to h4 wire adapters from local 4 wheel parts and an using 55/60W, which is still weak compared to the stock fogs (missing ONE 90/100 ).

Guess I'll have to see what kind of amperage the stock headlights use (no data posts that I've found) vs 55/60 vs 90/100 to figure out if I need to run my own circuit to supply the amperage - so not to freak out the canbus???
Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No takers?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll need to buy a wiring harness (Susquehanna Motorsports) and connect the 90/100W lights to the battery and trigger the increased wattage lights with the relays in the harness. That's what I did using the harness and Cibie headlamps with 100/80W lamps. The Jeep's computer will shut the headlights down if it detects excessage wattage over 55/60W. Simple installation of the harness.

Quick Reply: Hella headlights installed, no right to left adjustment?