Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hella 500 series not working?? help please

Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella 500 series not working?? help please

I have been trouble shooting my fog lights for a couple days now. While driving home the other night both lights just crapped out. I replaced the switch in the jeep and there is definitely power going from the switch to the relay. The relay clicks each time and time switch lights up. I replaced an inline fuse which is a 15A250V, granted the only fuse I could find in that voltage was a ceramic microwave fuse? Are they compatible with the glass fuses?

I checked the wire that runs from the switch to the relay and it is fine, the connections to the battery and grounds seem to be clean???

What else should I be checking?
Old 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had this problem and the copper inside of the plastic fuse holder melted around the copper contact and wouldn't let the fuse make contact. I replaced it with a heavy duty inline fuse holder.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Funny because I just talked to a buddy and he is a mechanic. He said I should replace the plastic holder with a bladed fuse holder for he same reason.

Quick Reply: Hella 500 series not working?? help please