Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlights won't turn off

Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights won't turn off

So I got home from work and planned to run inside, change and come out and work on some things. I left the key in the aux on postion, got distracted and ran my battery dead. I just got a jump and now my headlights won't turn off.

When I went outside and found it dead, I heard a humming coming from the front driverside of the engine bay - looked like a computer, my driver rear tailight was flashing like a broken neon sign and so was my plate light on the rear.

Could I have fried something by leaving the key in the Aux postion? Has anyone seen anything like this?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

If something is fried it's from jumping the battery off. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if that resets the computer.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Robar. I disconnected the battery to stop it from draining and saw your not about 20 min later. I went back down, hooked it up and the problem seems to be gone. Must just be the ghosts in my JK.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Yup. It's just a 4wd computer!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Yup. It's just a 4wd computer!
My JK likes to occasionally flip flop the high/low beam switch especially after a few days of rain. I'll turn on the lights and the high beams will be on. If I push the stalk forward, it switches them to low beams. I have no idea why it does this. Must be a Jeep thing...

Quick Reply: Headlights won't turn off