Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlights - upgrade bulb or entire housing?

Old 07-02-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights - upgrade bulb or entire housing?

I'm wanting to upgrade my headlights but am new to lighting upgrades. Are the stock headlight housings and lenses inferior such that replacing the bulb would be a band-aid and not a cure? Would it be wise to upgrade the entire housing/lens first?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluv
I'm wanting to upgrade my headlights but am new to lighting upgrades. Are the stock headlight housings and lenses inferior such that replacing the bulb would be a band-aid and not a cure? Would it be wise to upgrade the entire housing/lens first?
The stock reflectors suck. better bulbs will help with brightness but not with the aiming. The two superior choices are ipfs from David at northridge or cibies from Daniel Stern.

its a case of getting what you pay for. new bulbs ~$40-80. New lenses/reflectors and wiring ~$150-300.

Quick Reply: Headlights - upgrade bulb or entire housing?