Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

headlights question

Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody installed the the new Rebel Offroad Hellfire kit. They make big claims to no flickering or buzzing....Can't decide between this option or the Cibie's H4 conversion........
Old 02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

I have the IPFs with Silverstar Ultras and I couldnt be happier, just had to properly adjust and aim them. They are simple plug and play.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

I have a a set of Marchal headlights and harness from Daniel Stern. I am running H4 +50 (70/65) bulbs. These lights are amazing. I went the Silverstar route and noticed a difference, but there is not even a comparison with those and what I have now. They light up stop signs well over a mile away and I don't think my rig goes fast enough to out-drive the usable light they put out. Also, the color temperature is much more to my liking than many of the HIDs and LEDs I've seen. I believe color rendering is inhibited by overly cool colors of light.

All that being said, I believe LEDs are the way of the future. One problem I see is that they will not melt the snow that tends accumulate on the housings up here on the North Coast.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

I myself would really like to go the Cibie route with Daniel Stern. However, I got the original consult email from him over a month ago, and now for some reason after repeated attempts i can't seem to get a reply on my order request. I have tried various email accounts as well as using my work email, and still no response. I have seen where a few people have recommended Coventry West for the Cibie's and Rally Lights for the H4's, but i really was wanting Daniel Stern's custom harnesses. Anybody else having these same problems? Suggestions?..
Old 02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z0SICk
I myself would really like to go the Cibie route with Daniel Stern. However, I got the original consult email from him over a month ago, and now for some reason after repeated attempts i can't seem to get a reply on my order request. I have tried various email accounts as well as using my work email, and still no response. I have seen where a few people have recommended Coventry West for the Cibie's and Rally Lights for the H4's, but i really was wanting Daniel Stern's custom harnesses. Anybody else having these same problems? Suggestions?..
Thought I read somewhere recently that DS gets his harnesses from rallylights. A guy made an order with DS and it came from rally.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody have the Oracle halo headlights. pics if possible
Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by superspook
Anybody have the Oracle halo headlights. pics if possible
Do a search for " my version of projector/halo headlights" I think that's the title. I think its from youngin430
Old 02-03-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ColdSRT

Thought I read somewhere recently that DS gets his harnesses from rallylights. A guy made an order with DS and it came from rally.
That is correct! DS will ship you the headlamps, bulbs of your choice, and relays. Then, orders the harness from RallyLights. I heard that a lot of people are having a hard time getting a hold of DS...I had the same experience, too! Other option is order the Cibie headlamps from Coventry West and harness kit, bulbs, relay kit from RallyLights. Very happy with this upgrade, though! :-)
Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Delux2769
Sylvania bulbs. They're cheap and a hellova lot better than the OEM bulbs. I also replaced my fogs with them and the whole setup is lighter.
If you just want a cheap and slightly better upgrade, go with the Phillips Xtreme bulbs! It's the same H13 stock wattage, better beam pattern and not bluish in color. http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9008-X.../dp/B00480KPLW
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed the IPF's.. WOW what a difference. I had the PIAA extreme 4000k with the stock lights. The IPF's came with 5000k bulbs. Offroad.com will have a article on the install in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: headlights question