Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlights.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HID retrofit is the best.
I did it and put a set of FXR projector. Worth every penny I spent.
Putting an hid bulb in halogen headlight housing is bad. Don't do unless you want to blind oncoming traffic and some problem with police.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trucklites here
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

So what truck lite did I all order. If I have an order number it would great. And or a website.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Well when I bought the car I did the hid conversion on headlights and fog lights and had nothing but problems and had the relays and the cancelers installed correctly so I won't do hiss again and I picked up the sylvania lights today there good but I need more light lol
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E-Man
More Truck Lites here
What lights are you running in the bumper? Do they help at all or do the headlights cover it all?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeperak
not to mention a retro fit comes with projectors with cut offs.. so dont be an ass and put out bad info about hid conversions please

A real HID retrofit requires a projector, not the factory lens that is designed for a different bulb. I spend a lot of time in my car. Most HID "conversions" are blinding to everyone else. Regardless of the type of light you put in there, don't blind the other drivers.

Last edited by bbrown626; 01-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CRDIOKC
So what truck lite did I all order. If I have an order number it would great. And or a website.
Originally Posted by bbrown626

What lights are you running in the bumper? Do they help at all or do the headlights cover it all?
I got mine thru amazon with the harness I spent about $500 but I started a thread afterwards about it and others found better deals

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...lights-250682/

Mine are gen 2

And bbrown..... Those lights look like the Rigid flush Mount duallys
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

I have been through delta quad bars and the beam pattern was pretty shitty and like a pencil so I got the IPF housings and installed the IPF fatboys II bulbs and am pretty happy with the light output. I am going to be receiving my beefed up wiring harness for them on friday and am looking forward to seeing if there is a difference with the install. If there isn't I am still definitely happy with the way they are now. Half of it is curiosity of it "may" be brighter and also I know its safer since the fatboys bulbs are a higher watt then the stock wiring is designed for. Also just ordered a set of Putco Jet yellow fog light bulbs at 3000K for the fog lights since I have a 2012 and found a way to modify the H16 housing for the fog light to make it work since after 2010 they changed the fog bulbs. will be finishing install of friday and will post pics to see how it looks.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by murklis
I have been through delta quad bars and the beam pattern was pretty shitty and like a pencil so I got the IPF housings and installed the IPF fatboys II bulbs and am pretty happy with the light output. I am going to be receiving my beefed up wiring harness for them on friday and am looking forward to seeing if there is a difference with the install. If there isn't I am still definitely happy with the way they are now. Half of it is curiosity of it "may" be brighter and also I know its safer since the fatboys bulbs are a higher watt then the stock wiring is designed for. Also just ordered a set of Putco Jet yellow fog light bulbs at 3000K for the fog lights since I have a 2012 and found a way to modify the H16 housing for the fog light to make it work since after 2010 they changed the fog bulbs. will be finishing install of friday and will post pics to see how it looks.
I just got 8000K H.I.D. H 3 conversion cut the plugs off and spiced the wires together and sealed the bulb in the housing and VOULA!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130103_010535.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	405023

For the factory fog lights that is
Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
I just got 8000K H.I.D. H 3 conversion cut the plugs off and spiced the wires together and sealed the bulb in the housing and VOULA!

Attachment 405023

For the factory fog lights that is
nice! by far the brightest oe style fogs I've seen.

Quick Reply: Headlights.