Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

headlights

Old 04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default headlights

Last night I was going down a really dark road and noticed how bad the headlights are. I stopped at advance auto parts and picked these up. They were like 40 bucks or something. I will do a before and after picture on a dark road. Anyone have these and are they 40% better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120401_124656.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	298154  
Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
Last night I was going down a really dark road and noticed how bad the headlights are. I stopped at advance auto parts and picked these up. They were like 40 bucks or something. I will do a before and after picture on a dark road. Anyone have these and are they 40% better
One of my biggest beefs was the headlights. I called David at Northridge, and he recommended the IPF replacement h4 kit. OMG. Like a night and day difference, litterially. I'd do that kit again and should have been one of the first things I did before thinking about bulbs. 30 minutes and the lights are hugely different.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
Those will make a medium sized improvement

Make sure to wear some rubber gloves or the oil in your skin will greatly shorten their lifespan

Also note that to get the old bulbs out you either need to have really small hands or take off the grill!
And no, that isn't a April fools joke

Matthew
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vsu4007
One of my biggest beefs was the headlights. I called David at Northridge, and he recommended the IPF replacement h4 kit. OMG. Like a night and day difference, litterially. I'd do that kit again and should have been one of the first things I did before thinking about bulbs. 30 minutes and the lights are hugely different.
How much was that kit and do you have any photos?

Did you have to cut any factory wires or was it plug and play?

David at Northridge is a great guy, hrs helped to guides a couple of my buying experiences!

Matthew
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

How much was that kit and do you have any photos?

Did you have to cut any factory wires or was it plug and play?

David at Northridge is a great guy, hrs helped to guides a couple of my buying experiences!

Matthew
Yes it is plug and play, and a huge improvement over stock. I run that kit as well
Old 04-01-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Yes it is plug and play, and a huge improvement over stock. I run that kit as well
Can someone explain the kits wiring harness?

$?

Matthew
Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many many threads on the IPF setup. I've had mine for a couple of years and can see much much better than stock. As for the harness question. The harness converts the oem plug to the new plug on the new style lamps. It's just an intermediate plug socket. Too bad you (and I) tried and wasted $$$ on new bulbs. BTW you can also try re-aligning the headlights using Daniel Stearn's method. It's on the Forum somewhere. That helped also b4 the new IPFs
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
There are many many threads on the IPF setup. I've had mine for a couple of years and can see much much better than stock. As for the harness question. The harness converts the oem plug to the new plug on the new style lamps. It's just an intermediate plug socket. Too bad you (and I) tried and wasted $$$ on new bulbs. BTW you can also try re-aligning the headlights using Daniel Stearn's method. It's on the Forum somewhere. That helped also b4 the new IPFs
So is it more like an h-13 to h-4 pigtail?

If so it sounds like the perfect solution

Matthew
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

So is it more like an h-13 to h-4 pigtail?

If so it sounds like the perfect solution

Matthew
Yes, it is nothing more than an H-13 to H-4 pigtail. Plug and play
Old 04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

I think at most 20% improvement

Quick Reply: headlights