Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight very loose

Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight very loose

My driver side headlight is very loose, I just installed the new truck lites and the headlight is not tight and very wobbly. I tried tightening it tonight but there isn't anything I can do to tighten it. I know there are 2 tab like things that hold the headlight in place but they are both very loose.

What have other people done in this situation?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Davearmstrong
My driver side headlight is very loose, I just installed the new truck lites and the headlight is not tight and very wobbly. I tried tightening it tonight but there isn't anything I can do to tighten it. I know there are 2 tab like things that hold the headlight in place but they are both very loose.

What have other people done in this situation?
most just use a bit of eletrical tape on the little tabs to make them thicker so they hold in place better i used little foam rubber shims just to keep it all snug.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I actually took some electric tape and wrapped the outer lip that the ring sits against. 2 wraps of tape was perfect, this fit nice and tight now. I would recommend doing both, my right side one was tight at first, then after I pulled them to put in the anti flicker harness it was loose, so I had to go back and wrap it as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I wedged a washer in between the light and the bezel..... Both my tl's were loose fitting

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

I will defiantly be putting some tape on the ring to make it more secure.

But I think we are talking about different things being loose, the light is angled down right now I tried angling it up to match the other light which is not loose but I can't figure out how to make the light not wobble. There are plastic pieces that hold the housing in place which the bezel screws into. That is loose and I don't know how to make it not wobble

I will take pictures sometime soon so I can explain it better.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Davearmstrong
I will defiantly be putting some tape on the ring to make it more secure.

But I think we are talking about different things being loose, the light is angled down right now I tried angling it up to match the other light which is not loose but I can't figure out how to make the light not wobble. There are plastic pieces that hold the housing in place which the bezel screws into. That is loose and I don't know how to make it not wobble

I will take pictures sometime soon so I can explain it better.
Right here?Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382466062582.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	507194Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382466090092.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	507195
If it's the actual bezel that's moving out may be broke like mine was...i just use rtv to glue it lol
Sent from my obama listening device

Quick Reply: Headlight very loose