Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight Tint

Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still don't get it.. You dropped the coin for high-output headlights for a reason. Any tint, light or not, will reduce the output.

Not judging the mod, if you dig it, go for it. It seems counter productive.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default HID lights

I used nightshades to paint angry eyes on my headlights the same day I installed HID bulbs. With the tint the light output is significantly better than stock lights. No regrets here. I actually feel bad for the people in front of me on the road because the lights are that bright.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would just go with removable covers.. Tinting them seems like a possible safety issue.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default headlight tint

IT is illegalin most states to tint headlights. I have had the smoke covers and they greatly reduce the output, and when it rains - you can't see crap. The led lights look black when off and you might be able to find a replacement with a black relector in it- I know they had that for Ford Trucks - not sure about Jeeps.

Quick Reply: Headlight Tint