Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight Adjustment

Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Adjustment

OK out here in Australia the JKs are supplied with H4 German made Hellas fitted into the mount cradle with what appears to be only one adjustment screw (Righthand light screw @ 4:30 and Lefthand light screw @ 7:30) and electric levelling switch in cab.

Before even playing around with the screw/s I could not get a decent light out of these lights. If I lowered the lights electrically by three steps then high beam would be alright but the low was to short so short that the fog lights were probably a little longer than them.

If there was no electric levelling on then low beam was to high and high beam was 20 foot in the trees.

There was just too much difference in the Hella lens between high and low.

Today I fitted IPF H4 and the large hieght difference between high and low beam is gone but I cant get the light low enough with the screws

If I have two LEDs lite on the electric levelling then low beam is great and high beam is great.

The problem; I would like have to have this setting without using the electric levelling so when I put a load in the back I can drop the lights back down to the above setting. But the screws just dont seem to make any difference, either raising them or lowering them.

Any ideas.

Quick Reply: Headlight Adjustment