Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight ?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headlight ?

Ok so I came across some cheap h4 e codes and was wondering, could I use the stock light bulbs with the e codes, is it just a quick turn and switch them out or would I have to stick with the h4 bulbs the lights come with and make/ buy a harness. I can post a pic when I get back to the office, but it dosent look like one solid piece and should be switchable. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default pic

Last edited by djcook68; 10-01-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bump

Anybody ... I know somebody has to know, I was planning on running the stock headlights until I could afford a HID upgrade.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

You will have to modify the wiring to attach to the h4 bulb. You also may find that the lens is slightly thinner than the factory one, to fix this I ran a bead of silicone on the inside of the retaining ring, let it dry and then install as per normal. I used IPF headlight lenses and they were a huge inprovement.

Quick Reply: Headlight ?