Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which head unit??

Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Curt's JK
I like that pic of the headrests. I'll have to give JVC a look.
Thanks, they were from eBay and not that expensive.

Real easy to instal, just remove the original ones and thread the cables through the seat back then connect.

Regardless of which HU you go with I think the removable face plate is a must if you go topless!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
JK Newbie

OP keep in mind if you will be using the dvd feature on the fly, which ever unit you decide you like make sure its easily decoded so you can watch the movies without the vehicle being in park or stationary. Correct if im wrong guys but I believe alpine is one of the companies that are very difficult to overide this safety feature. A friend of mine has an alpine double din media unit that requires some inline harness of some sort to confuse the system into removing this safety feature. Im not speaking from first hand experience, however i thought i would toss my thoughts in to maybe save you from future headache.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have all but written off alpine. I can't decide between Kenwood, Pioneer, or JVC.

Quick Reply: Which head unit??