Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Has Anyone Ever Replaced Their Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)?

Old 07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Fun
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anyone Ever Replaced Their Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)?

After experiencing the horn blowing, windshield wipers running and windshield spray activating on their own all at once I had my Rubicon carted off to the local dealer. They discovered water inside the TIPM and of course are not going to warranty it.

Why this item isn't water tight is beyond me. I guess we arent supposed to go off road or wash out the engine compartment.

Any way, I am considering replacing the TIPM myself and was wondering if anybody on here has done so?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fun
After experiencing the horn blowing, windshield wipers running and windshield spray activating on their own all at once I had my Rubicon carted off to the local dealer. They discovered water inside the TIPM and of course are not going to warranty it.

Why this item isn't water tight is beyond me. I guess we arent supposed to go off road or wash out the engine compartment.

Any way, I am considering replacing the TIPM myself and was wondering if anybody on here has done so?
Actually it would not be to hard every wiring harness simply plugs into the bottom of it. And it removes without any tools. Just press the 4 tabs in on each corner and it slides up and then you can see all the plugs..
Old 07-04-2010, 03:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to remove it for the Hard Top wiring install. No tools, color coded & keyed connectors.

The only problem I had was one connector did not lock. When I went to start the Jeep ALL the dash warning lights were on & stayed on.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Ever Replaced Their Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)?