Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hardtop defrost question

Old 10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop defrost question

K so I just self installed the Hardtop wiring kit. Everything is in fine. Wiper and washer fluid both work. But when I push the defrost button up front it doesn't stay on...it immediately turns off. I have not yet taken the jeep to the dealership to have the VIN updated in the ECU as the directions say. So, does it sound more like I wired something wrong, or is it because of the defrost not being able to work due to the VIN in the ECU?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Bump, still haven't gotten it fixed.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If not factory optioned with hardtop you need to get the computer flashed to allow use of that circuit.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OH9JK
If not factory optioned with hardtop you need to get the computer flashed to allow use of that circuit.
I am experiencing the same thing even after dealer 'flashed' my CPU. I re-checked all my wiring for my defroster circuit (DB/WT to CAV 32 by replacing wiring already in cluster and black ground solid). Wiper works as it should. Did you get your CPU flashed and everything work? I'm thinking they didn't do mine right.

Quick Reply: Hardtop defrost question