Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hard Rock Rubicon, 730n & Connectivity Group

Old 05-08-2015, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Rock Rubicon, 730n & Connectivity Group

I pulled the trigger and ordered my JK last night. Here is something I can't figure out. When I build and price on Jeep.com and select the Hard Rock edition and the 730n radio there is a "Connectivity Group" option for $170. I asked my dealer no less than 7 times about it and he insisted that it wasn't a selectable option for him. Additionally when I look at Hard Rock editions that are online at dealers lots they don't have the $170 option listed on the sticker but they do list it in the Hard Rock package list along with Premium EVIC and TPMS.

Why the difference and what exactly is the $170 thing on Jeep.com?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the connectivity group on mine...Are you asking what is it or why does it show up as an option on Jeep.com and not at the dealership?

What it is....Is a few more little features that integrate with your 430n. There should be a center console USB and steering wheel controls with it. Also, one thing I do really like about it is the information it shows on the dash under the speedo -- the other day, I jump in my Jeep and a little notice about "Left rear turn signal out" is displayed. That's super cool if you ask me...While you would hear the relay clicking, it seems useful to know of other lights. Also, your turn by turn shows up in that area too.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Why does it show up as an option on Jeep.com
And not at the dealership.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the additional insight on what it does too. I'm a sucker for technology and something like it telling me which bulb is out is cool.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MRTrelease
Why does it show up as an option on Jeep.com
And not at the dealership.
Jeep website has numerous errors compared to what dealers bring up in actual ordering screen.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. My next step is to try and not be anxious every day. 6-8 weeks is a long time when you are impatient.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also ordered a Hard Rock unlimited. I also built it on True Car, and True Car automatically added the 730 radio set up. Also the True Car site saved me about 4k off the sticker and the dealer honored the price.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer originally told me 8-12 weeks and I got it in 6 weeks. I was impatient but was excited when called to check progress after 5 weeks and was told it was in route. The only problem is now I'm waiting on Metal Cloak to ship my 3.5" ARB lift.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
My dealer originally told me 8-12 weeks and I got it in 6 weeks. I was impatient but was excited when called to check progress after 5 weeks and was told it was in route. The only problem is now I'm waiting on Metal Cloak to ship my 3.5" ARB lift.
6 weeks would be awesome.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't get wrong I was excited, but wish I would have known it was gonna be only 6 weeks. I would have had the lift, wheels and tires waiting.

Quick Reply: Hard Rock Rubicon, 730n & Connectivity Group