Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Had to re-install stock antenna !

Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to re-install stock antenna !

Hi
I had bought a blavk antenna from a auto parts store that was 3" shorter than stock one. The reception was not good! The new one was level with the roof. Put old one back on all is ok. I guess the lrngth does matter. I will get one that is the same size as the stock one and let you know what happens.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbgecko2013
Hi
I had bought a blavk antenna from a auto parts store that was 3" shorter than stock one. The reception was not good! The new one was level with the roof. Put old one back on all is ok. I guess the lrngth does matter. I will get one that is the same size as the stock one and let you know what happens.
Length does matter and especially your location. I live 20 miles from New Orleans and stubbied my stock antenna and no loss of reception. The length does matter depending on how far the radio stations your picking up are from your location and it terrain. I never listen to my radio anyway....

Here's my write up:https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...na-diy-215973/

Last edited by GreenJK07; 04-19-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My stubby worked OK untill I got my new HD Head Unit. I couldn't get any HD signals at all. So I'm back to stock for now. But I have one of these just waiting to install.

RetroSound WPA1 Antenna Amplified window antenna at Crutchfield.com
Old 04-19-2013, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JK-Ford, thats WPA1 antenna looks like a good solution. Let us know your results on your install!

Quick Reply: Had to re-install stock antenna !