Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

H.i.d. Help!!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default H.i.d. Help!!!!

So I've hooked up hid conversion kits before and never had this problem in fact I ordered 3 kits 1 for my dad's Toyota one for my JK's headlights and another for the fog lights... My dad's works great, my fog lights too... But my H13 kit works great only when the engine isn't running, when u turn the engine on the headlights flicker then turn off when u try and turn em on, but if u turn the headlights on before I start the engine the lights stay on till I hit the gas, the ONLY the passenger side headlight flickers then turns off.... Someone please help, has anyone else encountered this? Maybe I just got a bad kit.......
Old 09-15-2012, 03:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say bad kit, how much did you pay for them? bring it back to the retailer and have them exchange it for you.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi

I don't think it's a bad kit... Everything i see about jk hid lights show a wire and relay that go from the battery to the ballast... Mine don't have this.... I've NEVER hooked an hid kit up to the battery.... Ever
Old 09-15-2012, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

I put my hid kit in 2 months ago and it does connect to battery. I just finished taking it out and put stock back in. Had one bulb that was bad when i first installed it, got two more and just replaced the bad one. Then the second original bulb went bad 2 weeks later so put the other new one in. Then last night on my way to work one light quit working so I think I'm done with hid.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 PM
JK Jedi

I found out apparently I need a "canceller"
Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 AM
JK Newbie

Is this one of the DDM kits? Can you post up some pics when done? Something shining on a wall(to show the top edge of the light cut off) and a pic of the road projection? I had a DDM kit on my Tundra and it was awesome.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi

Will do as soon as I get the canceller
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Jedi

Found out I DON'T need the canceller, I need a harness from the battery to the ballast.... The system isn't registering the 35watt bulbs
Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

A relay between the Battery & Ballist was the fix for my HID issues.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by StuFarmer
A relay between the Battery & Ballist was the fix for my HID issues.
I just ordered it! Can't wait for it to come... I hate having hid fogs and regular headlights.... But just a forwarning to everyone.... We all know we have a funky fog lights bulb so I did what I did in my dodge Ram, I just got an H3 hid conversion kits and it worked great.... Well in the JK the factory fog lamp housing will melt unlike on the ram....

Quick Reply: H.i.d. Help!!!!