Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ground Parking Wire instead of MyGig Lockpick?

Old 12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ground Parking Wire instead of MyGig Lockpick?

I searched, but haven't found any threads so far.

Is it possible to just ground a parking wire that is connected to the MyGig instead of spending the $250 to get a MyGig Lockpick?

$250 seems an awful lot to spend just so that my passenger can input addresses into my MyGig Nav(RER 2008).

Thanks for the help!
Brett

Last edited by BrettB; 12-13-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettB
I searched, but haven't found any threads so far.

Is it possible to just ground a parking wire that is connected to the MyGig instead of spending the $250 to get a MyGig Lockpick?

$250 seems an awful lot to spend just so that my passenger can input addresses into my MyGig Nav(REN).

Thanks for the help!
Brett
It's more complicated than that, the computer has to be fooled, it's not just a matter of playing with wires anymore.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Actually you can NOT simply play with the wires at the parking brake. The MyGig gets it info from the Canbus direct from the ECU's reading from all 4 of the speed sensors at the wheels. So unless you figured out a way to make the JK hover it's not possible. I purchased the Lockpick 3 months after we purchased the JK and I LOVE IT! It's definitely worth every penny.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi

sorry but it isn't a 1999 pioneer head unit. buy the lockpick. it is worth it. my mygig is hacked to work in motion without a lockpick and I still use one. It is reliable and gives you lots of A/V options. Look for one on ebay and save a few bucks.

Quick Reply: Ground Parking Wire instead of MyGig Lockpick?