Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ground issues 92 wrangler.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground issues 92 wrangler.

I have a 92 jeep wrangler and got some ground issues, I read that I should have 3 grounds from the battery 1-to the frame ,1- to the engine, 1-to the firewall. Mine doesn't have one to the frame but it does have one to the alternator. They look to have been replaced before. Do I need a ground to the frame? And does the ground from the alternator supposed to go to the battery?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything should be grounded to each other. If the battery is grounded to the frame then everything can go to the frame as a central point then to the battery. If you do add more grounds try to steer away from the cheap grounding strips that the factory uses and go with like a 4 gauge wire to ground it all out
Old 08-29-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dieselguy3
Everything should be grounded to each other. If the battery is grounded to the frame then everything can go to the frame as a central point then to the battery. If you do add more grounds try to steer away from the cheap grounding strips that the factory uses and go with like a 4 gauge wire to ground it all out

amen to Dieselguy... i had a 1995 same issue used factory grounding burnt jeep to ground after an arch jumped from a corroded wire off the alternator....bad day lost a 9k dollar jeep and my pride

Quick Reply: Ground issues 92 wrangler.