Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

GPS wire routing

Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS wire routing

I have my gps on left lower corner of windshield and run the cord down side of dash and under the dash over to 12v socket. How can I mount something to hold and halfway hide wire but still be able to remove and use in another vehicl?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Open the driver door and remove the side panel from the dash. Run the wire down between the windshield and the dash. This will bring it to the driver footwell area. there is a metal cross brace just above the driver knees. Run across there and up into the center dash. You should be able to route the wire out front under the front of the center console. make sure the wire will not interfere with steering or drop onto your legs when driving.

You can also get another power cord and permanently install it in the JK saving the other for when the GPS is not in the JK.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Vern!

Quick Reply: GPS wire routing