Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

GPS not working

Old 10-13-2013, 02:56 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GPS not working

My gps unit will not search for addresses or poi's. The map will come up, but every once in awhile it drops to the garmin screen. I disconnected the battery. I also tried resetting the gps. Has any one else have this problem?

2013 JKU rubi 10a with uconnect 430
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsp
My gps unit will not search for addresses or poi's. The map will come up, but every once in awhile it drops to the garmin screen. I disconnected the battery. I also tried resetting the gps. Has any one else have this problem?

2013 JKU rubi 10a with uconnect 430

I'd say that your Jeep is under warranty, take it in to the dealership for replacement.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just trying to see if it was something easy before we had to deal with the dealer.

Wife took it in and they told her it needs a new nav and radio. Wife brought the jeep home and they called her saying the number doesn't match the vehicle, bring it back. I told her I think the numbers got transposed. Wife called dealer, they called back 3 hours later. The wife gives them the number off of the radio, they call back and tell her it works. So next week the part will be in, hopefully the same mechanic won't work on it.

Quick Reply: GPS not working