Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Going to install a new system

Old 03-25-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to install a new system

I have read these threads until my head hurts.

I've decided trying to hack the factory Infinity amp to boost the soundbar is just to much work so I'm going to go from a new HU back. Basically, I keep my stuff simple - powerful HU to run the speakers, and then preamp to a mono amp to the factory sub. After having my last system stolen, I don't put too much money into Jeep electronics.

Is this simple plug and play? I mean, if I order everything through Crutchfield, all I have to do is remove the factory HU and amp and simply use the harness adapters they provide, correct? Then preamp to the sub amp and run a new wire to the factory sub enclosure. This is what I did on my 05 LJ and it was great, well, until the dealership employees stole everything.

I'll deal with the poly fill and replacement speakers later. Right now I just want balanced sound through the front speakers and soundbar, something I can hear more easily @ 70mph when the Jeep is naked.
The HU I am looking at has 22x4 RMS (4 ohm) and I haven't decided on a 100W mono amp yet since I need to measure the factory location to see what will fit. I will do the work myself and probably have less than $500 in the whole thing.

Edit 1.0 - Got my answer.

Last edited by Jeep Unlimited; 03-26-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Going to install a new system