Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Gobi Stealth Rack Light Options

Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gobi Stealth Rack Light Options

I have a Gobi stealth rack and I am looking at adding some lights. The problem is that there is a limited choice to what lights fit the stealth rack and the few lights out there do not have a lot of opinions about them. So I was hoping you guys could help me out with any opinions.

I am looking at:

PIAA 2100 driving lights

PIAA 1500

and

Hella FF75 driving lights

I also like the LED lights out there, but the amount of use that I will have does not come close to justifying the price.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lights are a low priority on my mods list. I have the same rack and am interested in seeing what solution you go with. It will be several weeks before I get around to lights.

Good luck, please do a good job so I can just copy you.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

What other lights are already on the JK (or plan to be on)?

If you're running fogs on the bumper/windshield I would run driving lights up top, or vice versa.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Currently I just have the stock fog lights and ipf headlights. After the lights on the roof rack I think I will be set for a while. So I will be using a driving light (spot not flood if I have a choice) configuration.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

I had a set of PIAA 2100 series foggers on my Commander that I HID converted. They were bright for being a small lamp. I assume driving angle would be even better because of the focused beam.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

My stealth rack should be here next week. I was looking at the 2100's as they come in both a fog and driving light. My plan was to install fogs on the outer mounts and 2 driving lights on the inner mounts.

But I'm curious to know, how much clearance is there exactly? I saw that Northridge carries "Rigid Industries Dually" LED lights for a great price. They come in a fog and driving light as well but they are 3"x3" square and I've heard there is only 2.5" of clearance for lights on this rack. Can you confirm?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

A 3"x3" light will not fit. The area is a smaller than 3". Exactly is hard to tell, it really depends on how the mount fits in.

I attached a couple of pictures to try to help you out. The one with the yellow tape measure is from the light mounting platform to the outside front of the upper bar. The one with the silver ruler is from the top bar close to center bottom to the bottom bar outside. (I hope that all makes sense).

Sorry about the quality of the pics. My camera on my phone did not like taking pictures in the garage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-06-02 18.25.11..jpg
Views:	852
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	70920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stealth 1..jpg
Views:	907
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	70921  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

WOW! Ok, looks like 2 sets of 2100's I guess. I was thinking about making a bracket that would connect to the stock light mount and extend out and down (kinda over the windshield). With this bracket I was gonna add 4" round PIAA 510 lights but from looking at your pics if I did do a bracket as described it might look funny or make the lights stick out too far. Aside from how it may look lights sticking out off the rack may create added wind noise.

I've seen a pic with 4 delta lights attached which looked good but up here in Canada no one seems to carry Delta lights. So PIAA 2100's it is.

Thanks for the pics!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
WOW! Ok, looks like 2 sets of 2100's I guess. I was thinking about making a bracket that would connect to the stock light mount and extend out and down (kinda over the windshield). With this bracket I was gonna add 4" round PIAA 510 lights but from looking at your pics if I did do a bracket as described it might look funny or make the lights stick out too far. Aside from how it may look lights sticking out off the rack may create added wind noise.

I've seen a pic with 4 delta lights attached which looked good but up here in Canada no one seems to carry Delta lights. So PIAA 2100's it is.

Thanks for the pics!
I've got a nice set of Hella on there I think FF75? Rectangles with rounded ends.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

How do you like the Hellas?

Quick Reply: Gobi Stealth Rack Light Options