Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Get music files OFF of MyGig RER?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get music files OFF of MyGig RER?

Is there any way to copy music files OFF of the myGig RER? I have most of my music stored on the radio, but recently lost all of my computer files.

I have no other mass-storage of my music other than in the Jeep...this would really suck if I can't recover them.

Anyone?

SD
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Music files on RER

I haven't tried this but I would plug a laptop into the USB port on the front of your RER. If the laptop recognizes the Mygig as a USB storage device (It should since you can upload from this port) try copying the files from the Mygig USB device onto your laptop.

KG6SLC
Eugene
Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks, Eugene...I guess that would be the simplest attempt. I hope it works!

I won't be able to try for a few days, but will definitely post results.

SD
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Its my understanding that you can upload and delete only - no downloading feature - however, it is a harddrive and if you remove it from system, as u wld a computer, im sure you can extract your files, but not sure thats the smartest thing to do as sensitive as the mygig seems to be, but you have a diff model than mine so perhaps theres a function for downloading for you. Have you visited the Unofficial MyGig site? If not, join their forum - those folks know a good bit - but no matter what anyone tells you, never reboot system via battery cable and stay out of the engineering mode of ur system. You wldnt believe the number of people who have bricked their units and basically theres no fix.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default k

Good advice, thanks!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Ur very welcome but if u cant load via computer i doubt u can download via computer and the uploading via usb and cd are one way streets. I hope urs works differently!

Quick Reply: Get music files OFF of MyGig RER?