Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Garage clicker wired to sPod?

Old 03-02-2015, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage clicker wired to sPod?

Has anyone tried wiring their garage clicker to their sPod or anything similar. I thought it has potential to be a good idea but I'm new the the jeep world and I am unfortunately not electrically savvy. I would live to hear some input and maybe this will help spark an idea for someone!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

You would have to use a relay between the SPOD and the remote, but would be easy to do. I took the real easy way out and just put one of the small remotes under the roll bar cover above the drivers side door. Easy to reach and you wouldn't know it's there unless you were looking for it. Not an original idea by any means (saw it on one of the forums), but works really well.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wired an opener into my high beams so I could just hit the flash-to-pass when I get home to open the door. I took the opener off one of my Harleys. Absolutely love it.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Both are great ideas! Thanks for the input. Love trying to make the most of each purchase!

Quick Reply: Garage clicker wired to sPod?