Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which fuse?

Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which fuse?

Last night I hit the switch for my PIAA fog lights. The lights flashed on then went dark. I think a fuse might have blown but I'm no expert. Can't find an aux fuse position on the fuse box diagram of my 07 JK. Does it sound like a fuse problem, if so where might I find the potential blown fuse position?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jharpphoto
Last night I hit the switch for my PIAA fog lights. The lights flashed on then went dark. I think a fuse might have blown but I'm no expert. Can't find an aux fuse position on the fuse box diagram of my 07 JK. Does it sound like a fuse problem, if so where might I find the potential blown fuse position?

whoever installed the lights should have put a fuse in the line. Take a look around the relay that came with the PIAA lights.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

There should be a fuse holder along the wiring harness.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check your light bulbs, my fuse did not blow, but my light bulbs did.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Eureka! Thanks guys I found the fuse wired on the line from the lights. Pulled the 30 amp fuse and it looks ok. What should I check next?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Just saw the previous post about the bulbs. I've had tesr lights for less than a year and already replaced the bulbs 1 before. If it's the bulb doesn't that sound like excessive bulb replacement? Twice in a year. I rarely ever turn those lights on.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

I forgot to mention that both lights are out . If a bulb was the culprit would that affect both lights (assuming only 1 bulb is bad)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

My PIAA were only 3 weeks old and when I turned on one day/night both lights burned out. I thought it was the relay or fuse and tracked it down to the bulbs. I took off the lens and noticed the bulbs were burnt out...........
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jharpphoto
Did you replace the OE fog lights with these lights?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

My jk had no original fog lights. I replaced 1 of the bulbs (which was blown )and that light is working now but the other light (bulb is good) isn't working. WTF is going on?

Quick Reply: Which fuse?