Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Full Custom Stereo Install Rockford Fosgate & Pioneer

Old 09-20-2013, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay so this is seriously the nicest audiophile setup I've ever seen in a jeep. I'm glad I ran across this thread while browsing because you seem like you could help me out here. I want a 10" sub and amp. I'm leaning towards kicker subs, maybe alpine. But what would you recommend for a sub (under $100) and an amp (under $130)? Any brand, whatever you think is the best setup?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VicRush10
what would you recommend for a sub
I've tested a bunch of setups in various Jeeps and have tuned mine to what I think is the perfect setup for a minimal investment while taking up the least amount of space possible. For Subwoofers, after a ton of research I got one of the new Pioneer 10" shallow-mounts. It uses a new technology for speaker reflex and is only about 3" deep. You can get it in an enclosure for around the $150 mark...it's honestly amazing sound for the size. I've compared it to others in larger enclosures and can barely tell a difference - if anything, this one is a bit tighter sounding. Highly recommended for a small sub. As for amp you could really run anything decent - because it's for a sub, you don't really need crazy clarity or anything.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkinmond
I've tested a bunch of setups in various Jeeps and have tuned mine to what I think is the perfect setup for a minimal investment while taking up the least amount of space possible. For Subwoofers, after a ton of research I got one of the new Pioneer 10" shallow-mounts. It uses a new technology for speaker reflex and is only about 3" deep. You can get it in an enclosure for around the $150 mark...it's honestly amazing sound for the size. I've compared it to others in larger enclosures and can barely tell a difference - if anything, this one is a bit tighter sounding. Highly recommended for a small sub. As for amp you could really run anything decent - because it's for a sub, you don't really need crazy clarity or anything.
Thanks so much man! I know it's against the Ten Commandments but I'm really envious of your setup right now! Haha
Old 09-21-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds just as good. Question for you, good sir, did you have to get yourself a harness to retain your steering wheel controls?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stjeep.ro
Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds just as good. Question for you, good sir, did you have to get yourself a harness to retain your steering wheel controls?
I'll answer cause I seem to be on here all day today...haha - you do need a harness to integrate the controls etc. the PAC RP4-CH11 worked for me!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkinmond
I'll answer cause I seem to be on here all day today...haha - you do need a harness to integrate the controls etc. the PAC RP4-CH11 worked for me!
Perfect thanks. I'm going to have to drop my Jeep off at a shop to have them do it for me since I won't have the time to tinker with it , that being said, would shops have such harnesses kicking around their shop or am I better off ordering that myself prior to dropping off the Jeep? Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stjeep.ro
Perfect thanks. I'm going to have to drop my Jeep off at a shop to have them do it for me since I won't have the time to tinker with it , that being said, would shops have such harnesses kicking around their shop or am I better off ordering that myself prior to dropping off the Jeep? Thanks
I would order it ahead of time if I were you - I can't imagine those harnesses would be in stock at most places... I got mine from Amazon.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
I'm a Rockford guy too. Looks awesome.
Thanks! Yes Rockford is def. the way to go!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rollingrocktx
Got an alarm on that thing?

Been broken in to 2 times, each time around 6-8K damage (not my jeep, my F250), once I got the alarm system, no issues. Bonus, I can use my phone to start, unarm etc....

that is a nice set up man.

I still run some punches in my doors, but using Alpine PDX amps with two 10's. The SPL is too much for me, it hurts but I love it when I need it.
Yes I Did! Couldnt take the risk, also added remote start, power door locks and a radar sensor so when the top is off it will detect if someone reaches in!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VicRush10
Okay so this is seriously the nicest audiophile setup I've ever seen in a jeep. I'm glad I ran across this thread while browsing because you seem like you could help me out here. I want a 10" sub and amp. I'm leaning towards kicker subs, maybe alpine. But what would you recommend for a sub (under $100) and an amp (under $130)? Any brand, whatever you think is the best setup?
Im personally a Rockford guy, every time I have used them they sound great and have no issues. I did kickers in my Tahoe and they just don't do it for me. I would spend the extra dough and invest in Rockford you will not be disappointed!

Quick Reply: Full Custom Stereo Install Rockford Fosgate & Pioneer