Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

front power windows problem.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front power windows problem.

Got in the jeep the other night and the front windows would not roll down. Rears were fine and locks worked, just no windows. After a few minutes of trying several combos of button pushing, i turned vehicle off, and back on. Suddenly all was well. That just bothers me how many random problems thi thing has.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

I continue to be amazed at how many issues people report on here that go away after a simple turn off / turn on sequence... I'm still under 5K miles but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I start seeing these things for myself. Oh well, hopefully the doors will be coming off soon so it will be one less opportunity for an electrical glitch!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Got in the jeep the other night and the front windows would not roll down. Rears were fine and locks worked, just no windows. After a few minutes of trying several combos of button pushing, i turned vehicle off, and back on. Suddenly all was well. That just bothers me how many random problems thi thing has.
Mine has done that before. I cycled the key and it worked again. I haven't had it happen since. I have however remote started the jeep, and then let passengers in who try operating the windows before I have gotten in with the key.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Had this happen to me this morning. 234 miles on the odometer. Turned engine off then restarted and everything worked fine. Thought maybe it was an ECU glitch not sending power to the windows.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

same thing happened to me, stopped turned the jeep off and back on and everything worked fine, has not happened since then, i think i had about 3k miles on it when it did it.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

ME too just one time, after restart all is well
Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to know, this happened to me today. I thought I'd be headed to the dealer, hopefully they'll work in the morning!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Problem solved.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I purchased My JK last Sept. and it has happened twice. Has anyone heard if this is an issue with the ignition or the switches. Due to my location the technical help to fix it under warranty may be suspect due to lack of experience and I cannot get it back to the states any time soon. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds weird, but it's a computer. When theirs a problem the first solution is to reboot it. ie: Turn the key off wait 10 seconds and restart.

Quick Reply: front power windows problem.