Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Free 730N RHR Navi Maps

Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free 730N RHR Navi Maps

I got a mail package to upgrade my Navi maps since my JK was bought early this year. So followed the instructions online giving my vin# and bang! It worked but took forever. The first disc was pure updates for the 730n. The next one was a map disc. I love the out of the blue stuff, but it's a 150$ to update maps if you had to pay.... Imagine 2 years from now when it's my nickel.

So here's some questions and food for thought:

1) are the ways to get updates for the 730n in the future without buying maps. Lifetime?
2) I tried using the same in our 2011 Grand Cherokee. The updates were awesome, but the second disk didn't recognize the activation code. I guess there's some cryptic value using the vin#. The GCs use the same RHR. Imagine if you got the amp and speakers Pass along ways for cheaper updates or using this one
3) I notice the whole lockpic thing and mods for a cam. If the GCs have it, what exact mopar part numbers are needed to make it work? Backup cam can save lives if you use it and still look back of course
4) is there way to link back up sensors?

This was nice because I saw a long thread for another radio, but not the 730n. I just wonder why they can't push updates via satellite patches! Why all of this Technology to track us, but not a simple update daily...???Imagine, our phones do it now.

Thoughts?

GC = Grand Cherokee
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
JK Freak

Default Updates

Hey CliffCrawler - Here is a site that has updates for all MyGigs. They even have a "downloading, extracting, and Burning Guide" down on the left side. For those not fully versed in the software side of MyGigs, I highly recommend reading through it. I have no affiliation with the site, I just know they seem to be the place to go. Oh, and its free.

http://mofv.com/mygig/

Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Yup... ^ +1 ^
And as far as I know... updating the maps is very very very expensive. Or @ least it used to be with the old company.
But I believe they now use Garmin. So... I'm sure things have improved leaps and bounds.

Quick Reply: Free 730N RHR Navi Maps