Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Found an easy wire access from engine bay

Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ClownBaby
I remember the whole question came up about if water went in there because I used a drain plug....well as you can see my JK in the pictures below...and no there wasn't a drop of water in my JK! Thank you.

....This time.....just give it time....

but glad to hear so far so good.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
....This time.....just give it time....

but glad to hear so far so good.
I told you before. It's sealed w/ rubber glue. It wont come out. There's not too much pressure there from waterfording. Believe me.....The hole is too little for it be have too much water force on it.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently you didn't make your wife walk far enough on that first outing. I still dont see a winch on there yet!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

When I had my YJ I lost my floor plugs and to be honest, you would have to park in water above the floor level to get significant water in the jeep. When it rained, the carpet would get a little damp but no big deal.

Just my opinion
Bryan
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Apparently you didn't make your wife walk far enough on that first outing. I still dont see a winch on there yet!
LOL it's coming....I'm broke! haha
Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Well, I'm searching and searching and can't find an easy access through the firewall anywhere. I'm trying to get a "SureConnect" wire from the external antenna to the inside of the Jeep, but have been searching for over an hour without any luck. Anybody else find a way through without using the floor drain plugs?

Thanks.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Sorry, I'm not where I can take a picture right now but if you lift the hood and look on the far right top you will see a spot where there is what looks like a vacuum line going thru the firewall. Just pop the grommett out that it passes thru and you can separate it from that line a little and pass wires thru it. They will end up under the dash against the left fenderwall and you can go wherever you want from there. This is how I wired my windshield mounted pencil beams. If that desription doesn't work for you let me know and I can take a picture tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Type in "firewall access" in the search and you will find plenty...
Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by drbeddow
Sorry, I'm not where I can take a picture right now but if you lift the hood and look on the far right top you will see a spot where there is what looks like a vacuum line going thru the firewall. Just pop the grommett out that it passes thru and you can separate it from that line a little and pass wires thru it. They will end up under the dash against the left fenderwall and you can go wherever you want from there. This is how I wired my windshield mounted pencil beams. If that desription doesn't work for you let me know and I can take a picture tomorrow.
I had already found that spot, but I couldn't feel any free space behind the grommet. I didn't try to pop it out though.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that DC should just put a darned grommet in the firewall. Eight out of ten jeep owners run a CB or some other equipement and we all end up fiddling with this. Seems like a CB antenna mount on the tire carrier would be a good idea too. Jeez....Someone should call Jeep...

Quick Reply: Found an easy wire access from engine bay