Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Foglights that match Truck-Lites?!

Old 02-06-2015, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want the color match, not neccesiraly more light, as the headlights are real bright now! I don't think I want to pay for a whole new fog housing, but perhaps a quality bulb that matches that wont blow fast. Putco is this a real good brand , I saw some of you mention? Someone mentioned quadratec has a bulb, why would that be better then a putco, just the name, or a certain reason why?
Old 02-09-2015, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by genrec
Hi! Got some Truck-Lite installed and they are bada$$, now the stock fog bulbs, they don't match at all. Any bulbs or new light housings that match, that work great, don't fog up, or burn out in 6 months? Let me know!
I am very happy with Inspired Engineering Revolvers. Great kit. The color is a great match for the TrukLites.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone got a link to which Putco bulbs?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DH2002
Anyone got a link to which Putco bulbs?
http://www.amazon.com/Putco-250011W-.../dp/B00BZR3NRO

Just know that depending on the year of your JK, the bulb will differ. 2007-2009 uses a 9145 bulb while 2010+ uses a 2504/5202 bulb.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Are you looking for more light output, or just a color match? The Truck lite fogs obviously match the color of the headlights, but don't improve the output. I would look at the inspired revolvers, which do both.
Personally I am looking for both, but whatever the replacement, they have to actually work as fog lights. Do either the Trucklite fogs or the Revolvers actually work in fog?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Trucklites and JW Speaker fogs. Plug n play and the light matches.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Remember Rigid just released their high and low beam fogs. As long as their an LED it is likely to match.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

I believe i'm running the Putco replacement LED bulb and it matches the trucklites just fine. Better output than stock as well.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dstock
Personally I am looking for both, but whatever the replacement, they have to actually work as fog lights. Do either the Trucklite fogs or the Revolvers actually work in fog?
I can't remember if it's in this thread on the first page or in another thread elsewhere, but someone with Truck-Lites mentioned that they felt the OEM fogs with the OEM halogens worked better than the Truck-Lites. In this video you can see the comparison. It looks like Truck-Lites have just about the same pattern as OEM fogs, just with a brighter light. I have no idea of the costs of Truck-Lites vs the Putco bulbs, but if it came between the two I'd probably go with what I imagine is the cheaper Putco bulbs. Same bright pattern without the costs of the Truck-Lites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7bmJw3umI I have the JW Speaker 6145s, but don't have them hooked up. Pictures and videos I've seen are pretty impressive for bright, functioning fogs, but I can't comment until I get around to hooking them up. They are probably at least twice the cost of Truck-Lites, though.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Remember Rigid just released their high and low beam fogs. As long as their an LED it is likely to match.
Do you have any details on these? I haven't heard of them.

Quick Reply: Foglights that match Truck-Lites?!