Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog lights w/ high beams?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had that coming toward me they would get my Big Gulp in their windshield!!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
so if it doesn't work...
i'm thinking i can run a jumper wire to the high beam power wire? so they're on with my switch, then when the highs go on they would remain on? does that sound like it would work? if so, what kind of relay, etc would i need?
Yes that will work, run a new hot wire (fused) to the relay normally open terminal, run the relay common terminal to the fog lights (+ side), take the original fog light supply wire(s) to the normally closed terminal and run a wire from high beam hot wire to relay coil high side; it will work just as you said; in low beams mode your fogs will light as normal with the factory switch engaged; when you switch to high beams, the relay toggles and passes the new hot wire to lights, while high beams are on; though still likely illegal in most areas, great for trails night driving...
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Wow another thread from the dead. Its a good one though I have always hated how the fogs turn off with the high beams on...

Quick Reply: Fog lights w/ high beams?