Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog lights into daytime running lights

Old 06-09-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First does he have daytime running lights now?
If he does then he will have headlights on and fog lights on all the time
If he doesnt then i would go to the dealer and have them turned on or get the procal, the procal is not expensive and gives you the option of fog, headlamps, or signal lights for drl function.
I strongly believe hacking the factory harness is a bad idea!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by agingtech
If he doesnt then i would go to the dealer and have them turned on or get the procal, the procal is not expensive and gives you the option of fog, headlamps, or signal lights for drl function.
I don't think that he does. Else he wouldnt be asking. I agree that you should use caution when using OEM systems for aux control. But, if you protect the new circuits with isolation from the OEM circuits ( fuses and diode ). And only trigger relays with OEM circuits ( 0.1 Amp ). Then you have minamized the effect on OEM circuits. I love my reverse light mod. And I am using highbeams to trigger my driving lights. And my rock lights come on when I open my door ( acting like extra courtesy lights). You don't have to be an electrician to make all this work properly. You just have to know where to find one.

Last edited by JK-Ford; 06-09-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
So your suggesting that the running lights activate the foglights? I thought that the OP wanted the foglights to act like DRL's?

Do you want to maintain OEM function also? Or will you totaly be abandoning the OEM foglight switch.
I would like to run then all the time. No switch.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mrlobaloba
I believe you can do this with an AEV Procal without having to rewire anything
this is exactly how i did mine.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mark jk
I would like to run then all the time. No switch.
Use the second drawing that I provided. I'll be glad to walk you thru if needed.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blakspire
Dont hack into your wranglers harness unless you need to. The AEV Procal will accomplish it for you.
What is the price on a AEV Procal ? And did you do this to yours ? Thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by agingtech
It does not have daytime running lights. That is what i am trying to do to the fog light. Just make them the daytime runners.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Took my 2012 in to the dealer today because they said they could turn on the fog lights as running lights. They tried by using the export setting on the Chrysler scanner but it also changed miles to kilometers. They said they could do it with the Pro Cal but I would need to buy it at $100.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

The ProCal was one of the best and cheapest investments I could do.
It recalalibrated my speedometer after installing my 33's, and again will come in handy when I move to 35's. It cleared a nagging CEL for a intermittent sticking EGR solenoid.

It was a bonus that it was able to turn off the annoying Canadian 50% power DRL headlights. I now have the DRL's set to the factory fogs which I'm running Nokia Hyper Yellow bulbs in.

That let me run my relay harness for my hella H4 kit. The Hellas are now so bright that I cannot tell if my fogs are on or off and are therefore useless. So I'm waiting for some super white 68 LED SMR H10 bulbs to try in hopes it will look like similar to the popular DRL's found in Audis and the like. But if it looks too "ricey" out they come and back to the yellows.

Quick Reply: Fog lights into daytime running lights