Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog lights

Old 12-26-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights

So my jeep didn't come with fog lights....I could use fog lights but should I go thru the dealership or do it myself? I'm more interested in doin it myself, but I mean if I don't have the right tools then yeah, but anyways, I also want to get those kc lights that mount at the bottom of the windshield by the mirrors, I have the mounts(Christmas gift) and sorry I'll be honest I did the search but didn't read very much...thanx for ur patience lol

So where could I get a good deal on the fog lights and/or the kc hilites

And for wiring and switches, I'm sure there's different ways to go about it but yeah I could really use some advice in this category
Old 12-27-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetpack
So my jeep didn't come with fog lights....I could use fog lights but should I go thru the dealership or do it myself? I'm more interested in doin it myself, but I mean if I don't have the right tools then yeah, but anyways, I also want to get those kc lights that mount at the bottom of the windshield by the mirrors, I have the mounts(Christmas gift) and sorry I'll be honest I did the search but didn't read very much...thanx for ur patience lol

So where could I get a good deal on the fog lights and/or the kc hilites

And for wiring and switches, I'm sure there's different ways to go about it but yeah I could really use some advice in this category

Well if you have the ability (wiring knowledge) or the willingness to learn I'm sure you can handle it. If you need help wiring it all up, I can help you with that part.

The lights you seek can be purchased from some of the sponsors here. Erik at Offroad Elements is local to me and has always treated me excellent. Give him a call or just check out his website.

As a side note if you have a stock jeep bumper and just want factory lights I have a set you can have. You'll still need to probably wire them unless your jeep is prewired for them.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

I saw this and think this is what I'm going for with bumper

Rough Country Front Hybrid Stubby Winch Bumper Jeep Wrangler JK | other parts, accessories | City of Toronto | Kijiji

Or anything with that look, now I don't really understand about the fog lights on this set up
Old 12-27-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

I saw this and think this is what I'm going for with bumper

Rough Country Front Hybrid Stubby Winch Bumper Jeep Wrangler JK | other parts, accessories | City of Toronto | Kijiji

Or anything with that look, now I don't really understand about the fog lights on this set up
Looks like with that bumper you can just bolt in factory fog lights or a similar light.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

But where do they go? I don't see how it comes together...do those 2 pieces bolt on the front?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

But where do they go? I don't see how it comes together...do those 2 pieces bolt on the front?
I believe I know what you are thinking... And yes the factory fog lights fit in the end caps for the rough country bumper.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DannyMalkin
I believe I know what you are thinking... And yes the factory fog lights fit in the end caps for the rough country bumper.
Yes the factory fog lights bolt into that bumper.

Quick Reply: Fog lights