Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog lights

Old 12-27-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights

What is the brightest bulb that i can buy for the factory harness? While replacing the bumper thought I would upgrade while I had easy access to them. It would have to be something you could grab locally since the planned day for install is Wednesday.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default research!!

Do some reading on Danielsternlighting.com. Learn about the CANBUS interference issues. OEM fogs are only about 35-40 watts each. You can run greater watt bulbs; but you should isolate the power circuit via a relay (with capacitor and diode protection if you want to use your OEM stalk mounted fog lamp switch) and proper fuse and wire size protection.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Love the avatar jingles. Yeah I just wanted some plug and play lights and not have to put flux capacitors and crap. I will give it a read though. I guess the simpler question is maximum wattage with no issues.

Quick Reply: Fog lights