Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog Light Replacement

Old 11-22-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Replacement

So, I got a new bumper, and didn't realize it didn't have mounting for my factory fogs. I imagine theres no quick bracket to attach somewhere to get my old fogs back in the game, but I like the idea of snagging a poison spider fairlead light bracket and adding some extra lights. Since doing the h4 headlight conversion, I really don't think I "need" extra light, but I like the idea of popping something low pointing in there I can use for crappy weather and when offroading with others. Any suggestions? And my real question is, are there any good light replacements that I can simply using the stock fog light wiring with?

And since I realize every light thread starts and ends with budget, I'm a cheapass; for aux lights that I feel may not really give any real benefit, I don't feel like shelling out more than 150 bucks for a setup. Unless it's for something cool like a rigid industries 10" led light bar
Old 11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Pilot foglights from autozone. There's a whole thread about it.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

wow, those look like a great deal. But, I don't have fog light mounts of any sort. If I scored a fairlead or stinger type mounting bracket, is there any easy way to get these into some type of housing? or are they meant to be drop in 4" mounting only?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
wow, those look like a great deal. But, I don't have fog light mounts of any sort. If I scored a fairlead or stinger type mounting bracket, is there any easy way to get these into some type of housing? or are they meant to be drop in 4" mounting only?
They come with a mount but not sure how compatible it will be with an aftermarket bumper.
I think i threw them away but if I find them later I'll post a pic.
Im a little confused, what happened to your current bumper that you got a new one?
You should be able to just swap the old lights right to the new bumper, its just 3 or 4 screws that hold it to the factory bumper.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I should have clarified, by got a new bumper, I meant I replaced the factory one with an aftermarket. So I'll need some type of bracketing to get lights down there again.

Originally Posted by DarkS1de
They come with a mount but not sure how compatible it will be with an aftermarket bumper.
I think i threw them away but if I find them later I'll post a pic.
Im a little confused, what happened to your current bumper that you got a new one?
You should be able to just swap the old lights right to the new bumper, its just 3 or 4 screws that hold it to the factory bumper.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

I just swapped my original Fogs for the Pilots, this weekend. they are WAAAAAAY better than the original. i followed one of the other threads and used the stock housing with the new Pilots, the fit was perfect.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
I should have clarified, by got a new bumper, I meant I replaced the factory one with an aftermarket. So I'll need some type of bracketing to get lights down there again.
Ah that makes sense now, what did you go with? So I'm guessing there are no foglight holes?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Check this thread out.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...P-amp-PICTURES

Quick Reply: Fog Light Replacement