Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog light issue - so weird

Old 03-08-2021, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fog light issue - so weird

I have two working factory fog lights. I just installed JW speaker fog lights but only one works. So I swapped sides, and the one that wasn’t working is now working, and other one is not. So clearly something is weird with that one side. But with The factory light plugged back in, it works. What would cause that one side not to work with a new led light, when the other side works? Thank you
Old 03-08-2021, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmbaust
I have two working factory fog lights. I just installed JW speaker fog lights but only one works. So I swapped sides, and the one that wasn’t working is now working, and other one is not. So clearly something is weird with that one side. But with The factory light plugged back in, it works. What would cause that one side not to work with a new led light, when the other side works? Thank you
So I fixed it. LED lights are polarity specific, apparently the factory ones are not. So I had to pop the wires out of the connector and switch sides. White on left and blue on right if looking down at the release. This matched the side that was working. Bingo! All good.
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (03-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Fog light issue - so weird