Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Flip down monitor on the sound bar?

Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flip down monitor on the sound bar?

Has anyone mounted a flip down monitor on the sound bar? I had one laying around, but I could not find a clean way to do the install. I may have to order headrest monitors instead.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a regular cheap car monitor and screwed in a Ram Mount to the back of it and then screwed the ram mount to the plastic part of the sound bar and I can move it up or down and can actually easily remove it when not using it, especially when topless.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by PLATOON
Has anyone mounted a flip down monitor on the sound bar? I had one laying around, but I could not find a clean way to do the install. I may have to order headrest monitors instead.
I think quadratec carries one made specifically for the sound bar...pretty pricey though.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm close to starting this project. More for tailgating/entertaining out the back of the jeep. Maybe a removable 20" mounted to the roll bar. I'll post up when I'm finished
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds Sweet!

Quick Reply: Flip down monitor on the sound bar?