Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Flickering Fogs

Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flickering Fogs

I recently mounted my 6" HID fog lights onto my Mopar Light bar...everything worked fine

A day ago we had lots of rain and I used the fogs on the highway on the way home

Today I turned them on and as I accelerated, the lights started to flicker than turn off.. I stopped the Jeep and turned them back on and they worked....I shook the bar and pulled on the wiring to see maybe something was loose...Nothing

I looked at the bar where I mounted the ground wires to and I saw rust...I used a black anodized self tapping screw to keep the ground connected to the bar

I am thinking this could be the cause of the flicker?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ride_My_Jeep
I recently mounted my 6" HID fog lights onto my Mopar Light bar...everything worked fine

A day ago we had lots of rain and I used the fogs on the highway on the way home

Today I turned them on and as I accelerated, the lights started to flicker than turn off.. I stopped the Jeep and turned them back on and they worked....I shook the bar and pulled on the wiring to see maybe something was loose...Nothing

I looked at the bar where I mounted the ground wires to and I saw rust...I used a black anodized self tapping screw to keep the ground connected to the bar

I am thinking this could be the cause of the flicker?
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere.. Check the bolts on the sides of the bar.. Just saw u called guessing this is why.. Lol.
U didn't paint the screws after we screwed the grounds on??? Put some paint on it too. Hopefully it's not the plug inside the bar
U might need to attach a ground wire from where the bar bolts on to the frame.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere.. Check the bolts on the sides of the bar.. Just saw u called guessing this is why.. Lol.
U didn't paint the screws after we screwed the grounds on??? Put some paint on it too. Hopefully it's not the plug inside the bar
U might need to attach a ground wire from where the bar bolts on to the frame.
Thing is I moved the bar and pulled on wires and nothing flickered, everything looked solid
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Ok so yesturday i was cheking the wiring and turned on the lights and 2 of the three didnt turn on I turned off the lights and turned them back on and all 3 lit up

how is this possible if all three are wired together?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ride_My_Jeep
Ok so yesturday i was cheking the wiring and turned on the lights and 2 of the three didnt turn on I turned off the lights and turned them back on and all 3 lit up

how is this possible if all three are wired together?
Check the connections inside the tube

Quick Reply: Flickering Fogs