Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Flashing lights,Instrument panel christmas tree,Wipers,NO BUS,TPMS

Old 12-05-2016, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing lights,Instrument panel christmas tree,Wipers,NO BUS,TPMS

I have found my the cause and solution to my "Heep" being possessed by electric ghosts. I have been plagued with the window wipers,headlights, instrument gauges and lights turning on and flashing by themselves. NO BUS message on odometer. I could not find the solution on the internet and the dealer failed to find the problem too.

The dealer flashed the computer but that didn't solve the problem. I did all the usual stuff suggested, like removing the battery cables to reset the computer, tightening ground connections etc...

ANSWER: The cause of the problem was the aftermarket video adapter I purchased 5 years ago to play DVDs while driving. Try disconnecting it if you are having similar problems. it is bunch of wires with with plugs on each end that go between your radio and the "Heep's" wire harness.

The symptoms began a couple years ago with the radio going black and still playing. I had to turn the vehicle off and on again to make it work again. 6 months ago the Radio would stop working. I had to remove battery cables to reset the computer in order to make it work again. Then the electrical system went nuts and the "Heep" became unreliable until I found the cause.

The manufacture of the adapter was familiar with the problem and suggested I reflash it with a software update. I got rid of it instead.

Too Bad you pay $40k for a Heep and aren't allowed to play your own DVD Player when you want to for your passenger or kids in the back.

Quick Reply: Flashing lights,Instrument panel christmas tree,Wipers,NO BUS,TPMS