Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fix for soundbar speakers?

Old 06-13-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this amp something folks with just the regular audio system could install for improved sound? Any pics of the install or what to look for? I'm not even a sound junkie but my sound hardly even sounds like stereo. The stock non-premium system in my dodge stratus was awesome...nice clear sound with awesome base even though there was no bass speaker!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TekWarren
Is this amp something folks with just the regular audio system could install for improved sound? Any pics of the install or what to look for? I'm not even a sound junkie but my sound hardly even sounds like stereo. The stock non-premium system in my dodge stratus was awesome...nice clear sound with awesome base even though there was no bass speaker!
You're missing the whole wiring harness, so no, it wouldn't work for you. What we're discussing here is swapping the stock Infinity amp with the Dodge Niro Infinity amp.

js.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Right I understand the swap, was just wondering if something could be added such as the amp to the non-infinity system that would improve the rear speakers.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TekWarren
Right I understand the swap, was just wondering if something could be added such as the amp to the non-infinity system that would improve the rear speakers.
I went to a Car Audio store here local and they told me they could fix my stereo so it would sound better.....for $2300....... I laughed my way right out the door.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
I went to a Car Audio store here local and they told me they could fix my stereo so it would sound better.....for $2300....... I laughed my way right out the door.
Well, I just did the opposite. I decided the Nitro amp with upgraded speakers just wasn't going to be good enough for me. So I went to the Car Audio people I trust and told them I wanted a great fidelity system, keeping the Infinity HU and replacing the amp, speakers and sub, while keeping everything stealth/stock looking.

I'm getting:

Alpine PDX 5 - 5 channel Amp, will fit where Infinity amp is located
Alpine SPX-17PRo - 6.5" Component Speakers, for dash and soundbar
eD 9Kv.2 Sub, I may upgrade from this if I don't like the sound
plus amp kit, converters, wiring, sound mats, installation etc

for just under $1900.

My reasoning is... driving Jeeps always puts a big-'ol-grin on my face. I'm pouring a bunch of money into mods anyway, with the one rule: all mods must at least maintain, if not increase, my grin. The Infinity system, although far better than any stock system I've ever heard, decreases my grin. Minor mods will only help a little compared to this Alpine system. I will be able to hear the difference. I will be grinning again.

So by next weekend I'll be selling the Nitro amp I just got yesterday.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like a nice set up Ghostship. Will the sub fit into the stock sub box?
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Sounds like a nice set up Ghostship. Will the sub fit into the stock sub box?
It's about 1/2 inch deeper, may have to use some weather stripping or cork material as a spacer, but should still fit ok.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default PM

Please check your PM
Old 06-18-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
Ok got the new "Nitro" amp installed in 5 minutes!

And there is without a doubt a major difference in the sound.... No more highs that cut your head in 2. Now its more balanced. A huge difference in the lows and sub! But the best part is the soundbar is worth something now! Its sounds so nice to have a surround type sound instead of all the sound coming at you just from the front!

I am Very Happy!

$150 total....<-----including 2 day FedEx shipping!!

Definitely the fastest audio install I have ever done!
Hi,
Do you have a link where you gained the great deal on your amp, or maybe the dealer part number? Thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

moparpartsamerica , Select the Collision Catalog for 2007 or 8 Dodge Nitro, then Instrument panel, Sound system, Amplifier. The only option will be Mopar part number 1-05091012AF , $192 list/ $136.85 selling price +shipping.

Quick Reply: Fix for soundbar speakers?