Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fix for soundbar speakers?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the Nitro amp and plan to sit in the jeep listening to 3 songs prior to changing anything:

Anthrax: Bring the Noize
Kottonmouth Kings: City2City
and most likely something by A7X

I listen to all types of music, most of which is rock or alternative (alternative from back in the day, Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, etc), but the above songs seem to test the factory speakers pretty well. The Kottonmouth kings song is the only one that actually gives me some sort of distortion or vibration (can't tell which), so figured it'd be a good indicator of better response, etc.

I typically listen to the music at 22-26 volume and will do so with the speakers at even levels, then with only the soundbar speakers, with the stock amp then repeating with the new amp.

If the new amp is truly leveling out the speakers, I would think I'd be able to turn down the volume, since I'll actually have speakers directly over my head that function, which might end up eliminating any type of vibration or distortion as I won't have the system as loud.

Should be a fun experiment and I should be able to determine if I threw away 150bucks or not.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
I just ordered the Nitro amp and plan to sit in the jeep listening to 3 songs prior to changing anything:

and most likely something by A7X

I listen to all types of music, most of which is rock or alternative (alternative from back in the day, Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, etc), but the above songs seem to test the factory speakers pretty well. The Kottonmouth kings song is the only one that actually gives me some sort of distortion or vibration (can't tell which), so figured it'd be a good indicator of better response, etc.

I typically listen to the music at 22-26 volume and will do so with the speakers at even levels, then with only the soundbar speakers, with the stock amp then repeating with the new amp.

If the new amp is truly leveling out the speakers, I would think I'd be able to turn down the volume, since I'll actually have speakers directly over my head that function, which might end up eliminating any type of vibration or distortion as I won't have the system as loud.

Should be a fun experiment and I should be able to determine if I threw away 150bucks or not.

TSK<>
Old 06-12-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=SaharaBlackNo1;547012]I just ordered the Nitro amp and plan to sit in the jeep listening to 3 songs prior to changing anything:

QUOTE]

Yeah, Im usually not one to say anything about peoples taste in music (besides Celine Dion and Bryan Adams) but Kottonmouth Kings??!

Ok. Tell us how it goes.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont understand why people are buying a new amp without even trying to get Shytsler to fix the problem with the stock amp?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duds
I dont understand why people are buying a new amp without even trying to get Shytsler to fix the problem with the stock amp?
Because Chrysler doesn't consider it a problem. The JK Infinity systems are performing exactly the way Jeep designed and manufactured them to. As with everything else on our Jeeps, if we aren't satisfied with the stock performance, it's up to us to modify them to our satisfaction.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

BS, we all paid for an upgraded, "premium" sound system that sounds like sh*t.

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Because Chrysler doesn't consider it a problem. The JK Infinity systems are performing exactly the way Jeep designed and manufactured them to. As with everything else on our Jeeps, if we aren't satisfied with the stock performance, it's up to us to modify them to our satisfaction.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=Conradfreedumb;547090]
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1

QUOTE]

Yeah, Im usually not one to say anything about peoples taste in music (besides Celine Dion and Bryan Adams) but Kottonmouth Kings??!

Ok. Tell us how it goes.

lol It's actually the only song of theirs I've got and the only song even remotely related in anyway to anything Insane Clown Posse. I've got tons of random stuff on my iPod that isn't quite what I typically listen to, unfortunately though Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow and a few others that are way out of left field don't cause any type of rattle.

Edit: And I don't have any Celine on there, but Bryan Adams? Summer of '69 is a classic, c'mon!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok got the new "Nitro" amp installed in 5 minutes!

And there is without a doubt a major difference in the sound.... No more highs that cut your head in 2. Now its more balanced. A huge difference in the lows and sub! But the best part is the soundbar is worth something now! Its sounds so nice to have a surround type sound instead of all the sound coming at you just from the front!

I am Very Happy!

$150 total....<-----including 2 day FedEx shipping!!

Definitely the fastest audio install I have ever done!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

This is very good to hear! Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I will be doing the same to mine.

I'm going to search this thread for the part number and place you ordered it from...

Dave
Old 06-13-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Some of the older guys around here might remember a time when everyone was buying those rollbar handles from a boating place. The store was wondering why they were getting all these orders for Kayak handles all of a sudden. :-) Now I'll bet the folks at moparpartsamerica.com will start to wonder about the sudden interest in Dodge Nitro amps. :-)

js.

Quick Reply: Fix for soundbar speakers?