Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fix for soundbar speakers?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about trying to swap front channels with the back channels? That should put full power to the rears.

Or maybe a parallel hookup with another stock amp and and use the front output to drive the soundbar speakers.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just to update this thread....there is a fix, thanks to member " aero instability " in this thread
HTML Code:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39623
Basically, you replace the JK Infinity amp with a Dodge Nitro amp, Mopar part # 1-05091012AF.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Default weak soundbar speakers fix

i too hate the sound that 'doesn't' come from the soundbar. i searched on this site and found 2 solutions of which i'm willing to try:

1. someone posted a thread on changing the stock infinity amp to the amp that comes in a Nitro. cost him about $250, but said it corrected the issue immediately

2. another person posted a reply on this same thread that when he did the TSB 'speaker pop' recall, it immediately corrected the problem as well and now has full sound from his soundbar. this is a 'flash' that they do that updates the software. costs $0 due to the TSB

i can't find the thread, but it's hear, search 'nitro amp swap' or something. i need to go into the stealership for a soft top issue, but i have the TSB for the speaker pop and will have them address this with the 'flash' as it's the 'free' option. i'll let u all kno if it pans out...or not...

EDIT: oh wait, there's the thread in the post above mine! D'Oh! methinks the answer lies in here folks...
Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Just to update this thread....there is a fix, thanks to member " aero instability " in this thread
HTML Code:
Basically, you replace the JK Infinity amp with a Dodge Nitro amp, Mopar part # 1-05091012AF.
Yep I ordered the Nitro amp for $150 including 2 day shipping!
I get it tomorrow. I will post my results on the other thread.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostship
HTML Code:
How bout a fix for those without the infinity system?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

are these fixes good for the mygig?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
Yep I ordered the Nitro amp for $150 including 2 day shipping!
I get it tomorrow. I will post my results on the other thread.
Definitly post your results. I am interested in doing this also. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EHarris
Definitly post your results. I am interested in doing this also. Thank you.
Oh I will! If this works I will be so happy! (and according to the other thread it works really well!)
Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

from the other thread if you KEEP reading.... you can get the unit re-flashed and it *should* take care of the problem and give full range.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
from the other thread if you KEEP reading.... you can get the unit re-flashed and it *should* take care of the problem and give full range.
The flash does not take care of the problem entirely, although it does improve the sound quality some. There is a clear difference between the flash and the Nitro amp swap. And, many dealers won't perform the flash if your JK isn't on the list of those that require it.

I'd recommend trying to get the flash performed, then see if it sounds good enough. If not, swap out the amp. Then the speakers.

Quick Reply: Fix for soundbar speakers?