Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fix for soundbar speakers?

Old 03-03-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a factory wiring diagram in this thread
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4007

There is no external device in the diagram. The diagram only shows two full signal wire sets wired to the amp (rh and lh). This would mean to me that the amp does it all. Very odd. Maybe the amp takes care of fade via can bus signals? Even at that, the amp must have communication wires not shown, because even the description talks about a "wake up" signal over can bus.

Based on my ill advised analysis, the simplest solution is a "speaker level" input amp that steals the front RH and LH signals and amps them for the rear speakers.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

So what I get out of this is unless you want to replace the whole shebang, head unit and amp, we are out of luck.?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

I wonder if it is even possible for DCX to change it without physicaly replacing the amp or HU? Maybee I'll play dumb and take it to the dealer and tell them my back speakers aren't working right. All I have to do is fade to rear, then fade to front, and let them hear the difference.
It just seems like there has to be a way to adjust this electronicaly if it isn't a physical seting on the equipment.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Peripheral has an adapter that allows you add-an-amp for the Canbus systems...also they have add-a-headunit adapter as well so you can keep the amp. I went through this last year with my SRT8...got tired of waiting so I went with Audio Control LC8 summing device out of the factory amp, then to JL Audio Clean Sweep to flatten the equalization, then to aftermarket amps and speakers...They now have adapters to make it a little easier for the canbus systems...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mbrown2
Peripheral has an adapter that allows you add-an-amp for the Canbus systems...also they have add-a-headunit adapter as well so you can keep the amp. I went through this last year with my SRT8...got tired of waiting so I went with Audio Control LC8 summing device out of the factory amp, then to JL Audio Clean Sweep to flatten the equalization, then to aftermarket amps and speakers...They now have adapters to make it a little easier for the canbus systems...
I looked into this too, but unfortunately the 07 Jeep has a CAM-2, no adapter yet.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

If anyone cares, I took the 6-disc dvd player (with no amp) and ran both front and back speakers off the front speaker's out wires, and well... the soundbar is louder now, but overall quality sounds worse. So I wouldn't recommend this
Old 03-23-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
If anyone cares, I took the 6-disc dvd player (with no amp) and ran both front and back speakers off the front speaker's out wires, and well... the soundbar is louder now, but overall quality sounds worse. So I wouldn't recommend this
Well, you certainly get an A+ for effort, and I appreciate that you took the time to test this out and report back to us.

I'm a pretty talented programmer, so I'm technically-gifted, but I have to confess that the vast majority of this thread is WAY over my head. I wish there were an EASY fix, like for the auto door locks (i.e. just turn the key in the ignition 20 times, then up, up, down, down, B, A, select, start on the dash controls and voila! your stereo is fixed!)
Old 03-23-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Well, you certainly get an A+ for effort, and I appreciate that you took the time to test this out and report back to us.

I'm a pretty talented programmer, so I'm technically-gifted, but I have to confess that the vast majority of this thread is WAY over my head. I wish there were an EASY fix, like for the auto door locks (i.e. just turn the key in the ignition 20 times, then up, up, down, down, B, A, select, start on the dash controls and voila! your stereo is fixed!)
That is awesome dude! I'm a programmer too, and I remember that Contra code for 30 extra men 2 player, haha, those were the days huh?

I'm confused how the CAN bus system works, and tried to tap into the CAN bus out on the deck to hook up to the amp, and that seemed to work weird as well... i bought the 6-disc amp and sub and am trying to install it all in the 1-disc set up... not working well, no bracket for amp, no harness for amp, no bolts/screws to hold the sub in.... problem after problem....
Old 03-23-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
That is awesome dude! I'm a programmer too, and I remember that Contra code for 30 extra men 2 player, haha, those were the days huh?

I'm confused how the CAN bus system works, and tried to tap into the CAN bus out on the deck to hook up to the amp, and that seemed to work weird as well... i bought the 6-disc amp and sub and am trying to install it all in the 1-disc set up... not working well, no bracket for amp, no harness for amp, no bolts/screws to hold the sub in.... problem after problem....
Yes indeed - those were the days! A lot of people complain about video games and their effect on "youth" - I say that I wouldn't have been nearly as good or interested in technology if the good ol' NES didn't come along!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Yes indeed - those were the days! A lot of people complain about video games and their effect on "youth" - I say that I wouldn't have been nearly as good or interested in technology if the good ol' NES didn't come along!
haha, now I play video games with my 6 year old, it's awesome.

ANOTHER TEST>>>> I also tried to leave the front speakers straight from the head unit, and run the rear from the amp, and that was still less power then straight from the head unit... weird, but i may have not had the amp wired perfect b/c i have no harness and i tried to just shove the wires on the pins..

Quick Reply: Fix for soundbar speakers?