Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

First snow with rigid d2s

Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First snow with rigid d2s

Got some snow finally went out for a drive last night to see how d2s perform great for the first 1/2 hour after that seem to slowly lose that really white bright light that I love stopped to take a look at lights and found them full of snow seems they don't Perdue enough heat to keep snow from building on the lens on the bumper d2s on pillar seemed to be better I think it due to water kicked up from road onto lights and the snow it may be a problem in snowy areas :(
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Butch
Got some snow finally went out for a drive last night to see how d2s perform great for the first 1/2 hour after that seem to slowly lose that really white bright light that I love stopped to take a look at lights and found them full of snow seems they don't Perdue enough heat to keep snow from building on the lens on the bumper d2s on pillar seemed to be better I think it due to water kicked up from road onto lights and the snow it may be a problem in snowy areas :(
yea, unfortunately thats a problem with LED's. my trucklites and rigids need to be cleaned off every time i stop somewhere but its a small price to pay for some awesome lights! I'm going to try this spray the sell at the store that keep ice from freezing on the windshield overnight.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let me no how that works out and your wright small price to pay
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

This is an interesting situation. I have wondered how the LED headlights do in the snow for this reason alone.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

My truck lite head lights don't seem to be quite so bad but they still get a little build up on them:(
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Butch
See... I kept asking about this with the Truck Lights and if they had enough heat to melt snow/ice. Never could get a response on this. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

The high here in Michigan today was about 10 with -5 to-10 wind chills hopping if it's a little warmer might not have as much of a icing up problem

Quick Reply: First snow with rigid d2s