Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Father in Law just gave me his Mopar Kicker sub and I have a question.....

Old 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Father in Law just gave me his Mopar Kicker sub and I have a question.....

so he gave me the sub out of his JK because he didn't care to have it. My unlimited has no sub installed currently. Do I still have the wiring harness back there? Is it plug and play? I do not have the infinity system......

I haven't found anything through search yet. Thanks for any help for this newbie!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

You will need to get the amp (that is mounted behind the drivers shin panel), and the wire harness that goes with it. It will work with any of the factory systems. These sound great, and are easy to remove if you need the cargo space.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the help. I'm assuming there's two wiring harnesses? one to the radio, and one to the sub. Is that correct?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

most have them in back, just need the one in front
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, I just wanted to get a little more info before we do the swap this weekend.....

So he has the infinity system, with (what I'm guessing) is the stock infinity sub mounted in the back on the right hand side. He also has the kicker upgrade woofer which is mounted to the back of the rear seat. My question is if I take the kicker sub, the amp under the steering wheel, and any wiring harnesses......will it affect his other speakers and/or the other sub that is back there?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

anyone? I have to find out what to take by tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Removing the kicker sub and harness will not affect the factory setup the harness for the kicker is completely seperate from the jeeps factory harness

harness should start at the battery come across engine bay at back of hood in through cowl to amp from amp down kick panel and then all the way to the back on inner drivers side tub

Quick Reply: Father in Law just gave me his Mopar Kicker sub and I have a question.....