Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fan/ AC Issue

Old 08-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Thanks for updating your thread for the good of everyone else. We're glad to hear your problem is fixed as well.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fan turns on and off constantlywhen running the AC.

I replaced the low and high speed cooling fan sensors,the cooling temp sensor,put a new fan and radiator in my 08 jku and everything seems normal until I turn my AC on,that's when the fan turns off and on and since the AC overrides the engine temp when it comes to the fan it's causing me to overheat,if I drive with no AC it's fine,fan turns on based off of engine cooling temp. Don't know what I'm missing.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubiconarias
I replaced the low and high speed cooling fan sensors,the cooling temp sensor,put a new fan and radiator in my 08 jku and everything seems normal until I turn my AC on,that's when the fan turns off and on and since the AC overrides the engine temp when it comes to the fan it's causing me to overheat,if I drive with no AC it's fine,fan turns on based off of engine cooling temp. Don't know what I'm missing.
Check the hi pressure switch in the a/c system. If the head pressure in the system is too hi the fan will cycle on and off constantly. I would start there mine was only $50 and it fixed the issue
The following users liked this post:
Rubiconarias (08-26-2019)

Quick Reply: Fan/ AC Issue