Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Failing key chip sensor?

Old 09-17-2022, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm going to assume your remote has buttons on it. if so it has a battery inside. i would put a fresh battery in it before assuming the back up remote doesn't work. especially that its been sitting in a junk draw (i assume) for a long time. Does it lock/unlock your doors? I also have been told that the key does not have to be in the ignition cylinder. you can test this by using a dummy key cut and your fob in your lap. A lot of guys hide a dummy some where in the engine compartment in case they lock the keys in the car. Speaking for "a friend" lol!!!!
JScan ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2022, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeInMiami
I'm going to assume your remote has buttons on it. if so it has a battery inside. i would put a fresh battery in it before assuming the back up remote doesn't work. especially that its been sitting in a junk draw (i assume) for a long time. Does it lock/unlock your doors? I also have been told that the key does not have to be in the ignition cylinder. you can test this by using a dummy key cut and your fob in your lap. A lot of guys hide a dummy some where in the engine compartment in case they lock the keys in the car. Speaking for "a friend" lol!!!!
JScan ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
No key fob, no buttons, no alarm... no battery.

Dummy key does not work either. Yes, I have tried it.
Old 09-17-2022, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

FYI....

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong image in the prior post...
The following users liked this post:
Michaelocalypse (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

That's interesting. It's all one unit. I dropped it off at the dealer today for the Immortal P0304 issue, again. It also pulled codes for all 4 tire sensors and the ignition on the deeper scan tool they have. I need to get a hold of a wiring diagram so I can track down the key chip circuit in its entirety.
Old 09-25-2022, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

any luck with the dealer?
Old 09-26-2022, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikeInMiami
any luck with the dealer?
lol lmao
No.
The Jeep has a lot of other issues, as you can see here.
I doubt they bother looking at the key problem.

I am currently looking into replacing the Jeep with a 49cc Chinese knockoff scooter.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

They gave me another key and said this issue isn't their problem as far as a warranty goes. So I don't know what's wrong with it.

At this point I'll probably just sell it and buy an old Ranger. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the one I sold when I got this Wrangler.

Quick Reply: Failing key chip sensor?