Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory style/look switch for driving lights

Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory style/look switch for driving lights

Is there a factory look switch like the ones in a row on the bottom of the center console that I can put in one of the blank spaces I have now that I could use to turn my driving lights on/off?

I don't really want to drill a random hole in the dash or steering column and put a out of place switch there.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kneeman
Is there a factory look switch like the ones in a row on the bottom of the center console that I can put in one of the blank spaces I have now that I could use to turn my driving lights on/off?

I don't really want to drill a random hole in the dash or steering column and put a out of place switch there.
I dont think so. I looked into getting heated seat switches, those are not individual snap in swithces.they all go back to 1 plug. There are computer/canbus issues.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

/\ /\ Correct. The OEM switches are connected to one single circuit board behind the switches. Very little room to work with.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, thanks.

I guess I will take it apart and see if I can drill a hole in the blank plate that is there now and still some sort of really thin aftermarket switch or button.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked into this in late 06 so its been awhile and I am not sure if it changed. As posted above the switch panel is one unit that doesn't have replaceable switches. I checked with the dealer and they couldn't order me one with the foglight switch unless they had a vin# for a JK with the switch I was looking for in it... So you would need to find a JK with the panel/switch combo you wanted, get the vin, then use the factory fog wiring to wire the lights in or use the circuit as a trigger for a relay. At the time I was doing this, there were no aftermarket panels available. Forward a few years and I ordered up a Daystar panel. It sits below the factory panel and is inexpensive. It works fine with an auto but I have seen complaints from people with manual transmissions bumping the switches..
Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

x2 on the Daystar panel. Works well and looks like it should be there.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There is a guy on here that put switches on a color matched piece of diamond plate that looks good.

Quick Reply: Factory style/look switch for driving lights